Effective June 6, 2017
Table of Contents
- What if I access this site from outside the U.S.?
- What is an Internet "cookie?"
- Does this site use Internet cookies?
- What if I voluntarily submit personal information on this site?
- What if I share personal information in a chat room or forum?
- Does this site collect information protected by HIPAA?
- Does this site collect genetic information?
- Does this site collect Social Security Numbers?
- How do you use personal information collected on this site?
- Will you publicize my name if I'm given a reward?
- Can I opt-out of receiving communications?
- How does this site protect personal information?
- Is information provided by email secure?
- How do I correct errors in my personal information?
This site is designed for use within the United States. If you access this site from outside the U.S., you are accepting that your information will be captured and stored by a U.S.-based server and will be subject to U.S. laws and regulations. You further accept responsibility for compliance with any applicable foreign laws and regulations.
We may use this information to evaluate your use of the site, compile activity reports for Web site operators, provide other services relating to Web site activity and Internet usage, and for any other lawful purpose. This data may also be shared with third-party companies that have retained Finity to provide certain products or services to you (e.g., your employer, health plan provider, healthcare provider, health coaching provider, third-party health services entity, or financial institution), or to comply with a court order or other legal requirement.
If you affirmatively provide us with personally identifiable information, read the following section.
If you voluntarily and affirmatively submit personally identifiable information (e.g., your name, e-mail address, phone number, health information, credit card number, account numbers, etc.), Finity may use your information to:
- Provide you with a more personalized user experience.
- Process your application or registration.
- Process credit card payments.
- Reply to emails or other communications received from you.
- Recommend learning modules or other services based on your information.
- Send you health and wellness products, services, information, or recommendations.
- Monitor, track, compile, and report your health status and participation in wellness programs.
- Compile and report aggregate or anonymous data to your employer, plan sponsor, or health plan.
- Protect the legal rights of Finity and our affiliates, officers, employees, and agents.
- Comply with applicable subpoenas, laws, and regulations.
- For any other lawful purpose.
Yes, as part of our health and wellness products and services, Finity may collect information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") and related laws and regulations (collectively, the "HIPAA Rules").
PHI includes information that personally identifies an individual or that may be used to personally identify an individual. Examples of PHI include:
- Common identifying data, such as name, address, date of birth, and Social Security Number.
- The individual's past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition.
- The provision of healthcare to the individual.
- The past, present, or future payment for the provision of healthcare to the individual.
The HIPAA Privacy Rule protects all personally identifiable health information ("PHI") from improper use or disclosure by Covered Entities (such as health plans) and certain Business Associates.
This site, and the products and services that may be available through it, are designed to comply with the applicable HIPAA Rules. We collect your PHI only if you affirmatively and voluntarily submit the information as part of the health and wellness program, products, and services available through this site.
For example, as part of the registration process for a wellness challenge or health activity, you may be asked to submit your name, age, height, weight, health conditions, health risk factors, etc.
Finity does not collect genetic information for any purposes that are prohibited by the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 ("GINA"). GINA generally prohibits health plans from collecting genetic information, including family medical history, prior to or in connection with enrollment, for underwriting purposes, or as part of a Health Risk Assessment (HRA).
Yes, as part of the products and services available through this site, Finity may collect your Social Security Number or it may be provided to us by your employer, health plan provider, or plan sponsor.
We use advanced encryption, security technology, and rigorous administrative procedures to protect your Social Security Number from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Finity does not sell any of the personally identifiable information we collect. In the course of business, we may share your personal information with your employer, plan sponsor, or health plan. We may also share some of your personal information with third parties such as healthcare providers, financial institutions, third-party health service entities, retailers, and credit card companies for the purposes of administering a wellness program or rewards program.
We may sometimes receive personal information about you from third-party entities. Those entities may apply different policies to the use of your personally identifiable information. Finity does not endorse or control the use of information shared with or received from any such third-party entities.
Finity reserves the right to use your name in the event that you are rewarded with an achievement reward, participation reward, gift card, raffle prize, health premium discount, HSA/HRA contribution, or other type of reward. Your name may appear on the site for employer incentive purposes or to notify other participants in your company that the reward has been awarded.
Yes, Finity provides an opt-out button if you do not wish to receive certain types of communications through this site.
We have no control over the opt-out policies of other companies, including your health plan, plan sponsor, employer, etc.
Finity uses advanced encryption, security technology, and other safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to this site and to maintain the security of collected data and information.
We are not responsible for any harm that may occur if you voluntarily or accidentally disclose your personal information, including your User Name or Password, to any third parties.
No, email is an inherently insecure mode of communication. Emails may be misdirected, redirected, forwarded, or shared with or without your permission. We recommend that you carefully consider the information you transmit by email, especially personally identifiable information and PHI.
Depending on the services available, you may be able to update your information through your user profile or Personal Health/Financial Center. You can also click on the Customer Support link.